This morning Satoru Iwata announced Gen VI of the Pokemon Games: X and Y. Going away from colors, we see...
But more importantly, the games are exclusive for the 3DS and are in 3D! Finally, a 3D look at pokemon. The trailer, obviously, is enough to make a Slaking excited.
Although there is a lot of speculation going on, including talk about the legendaries shown and what the "third" game will be called (Z? W?), my friends and I have our own speculations and hopes.
- Please, for the love of Pikachu, do not make the fire starter a humanoid fire/fighting type when it evolves. Please! However, upon relooking at the trailer, a few of my friends pointed out that Fennekin appears to be using a psychic move. Fire/psychic? Hell yeah!
- We're hoping Chespin is grass/fighting.
- Froakie should be water/ice. They have done water/ground too much! Looks like it might use an electric attack, though...
- It looks like the game, since it is 3D, will involve more than just walking/running from place to place. Watching the trailer, it appears there will be some elements of a platform game (swinging on vines, the rope bridge, the spider web).
- I'm hoping they add something compelling for replayability that I, personally, would be interested in. I know plenty of people who log hours upon hours with the Pokemon games (my boyfriend included) but I lose interest after beating the Pokemon League. I hope they add in something to make it more likely for me to keep playing (although the fact it's in 3D might be it!).
- We predict that the next Pokemon movie ("Extremespeed Genesect") will spoil a new Pokemon from Gen VI, and we think it's an Eveelution in the short "Pikachu and Eevee Friends". There was already speculation that there might be a new Eveelution in the movie, so the fact that there is a new Generation makes that more likely. We hope it's Ghost or Poison!